Let’s be honest here: no matter how hard The LEGO Group (TLG) tries, it’s impossible to really keep a secret in the modern LEGO collecting world. Rumors have been swirling all year long about the existence of any upcoming new and improved Ultimate Collectors Series Millennium Falcon set, and when TLG announced their biggest set ever, we all knew what it was going to be. But hey, knowing is one thing–and seeing is another! Today, the LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon 75192 UCS Set was finally revealed–and it is a masterpiece!
They say seeing is believing, and while I was hard-pressed to imagine a 7500+ piece LEGO Millennium Falcon set with a price-tag of $800, now that I’ve seen it, I definitely believe it! Flying into the homes of collectors with deep pocketbooks this fall, it’s the Millennium Falcon LEGO Star Wars UCS set!
I’ve had my fair share of brick-built Millennium Falcon sets in my life, but none of them have ever been 33″ long, 22″ wide, and composed of anywhere even near 7,000+ pieces! The details on this beast of a brick set are absolutely astonishing, and I love that it’s a mixture of OT and ST with old Han Solo, young Han Solo, BB-8, Hoth Leia and even brick-built Porgs included!
There’s so much to say about this set, that rather than me prattling on about it anadequately, I think I’d best just let TLG do it.
Here’s the official description and specs for the UCS Millennium Falcon from LEGO:
“Welcome to the largest, most detailed LEGO® Star Wars Millennium Falcon model we’ve ever created—in fact, with 7,500 pieces it’s one of our biggest LEGO models, period! This amazing LEGO interpretation of Han Solo’s unforgettable Corellian freighter has all the details that Star Wars fans of any age could wish for, including intricate exterior detailing, upper and lower quad laser cannons, landing legs, lowering boarding ramp and a 4-minifigure cockpit with detachable canopy. Remove individual hull plates to reveal the highly detailed main hold, rear compartment and gunnery station. This amazing model also features interchangeable sensor dishes and crew, so you decide whether to play out classic LEGO Star Wars adventures with Han, Leia, Chewbacca and C-3PO, or enter the world of Episode VII and VIII with older Han, Rey, Finn and BB-8!
- Includes 4 classic crew minifigures: Han Solo, Chewbacca, Princess Leia and C-3PO.
- Also includes 3 Episode VII/VIII crew minifigures: Older Han Solo, Rey and Finn.
- Figures include a BB-8 droid, 2 buildable Porgs and a buildable Mynock.
- Exterior features include intricately detailed and removable hull panels, a lowering boarding ramp, concealed blaster cannon, 4-minifigure cockpit with detachable canopy, interchangeable round/rectangular sensor dishes, upper and lower quad laser cannons, and 7 landing legs.
- Main hold features a seating area, Dejarik holographic game, combat remote training helmet, engineering station with turning minifigure seat and a doorway build with passageway decoration.
- Rear compartment features the engine room with hyperdrive and console, 2 doorways, hidden floor compartment, 2 escape pod hatches, engineering console and an access ladder to the gunnery station.
- Gunnery station features a minifigure gunner’s seat and detachable hull panel with fully rotating quad laser cannon. An additional quad laser cannon is also mounted on the underside.
- This model includes 7,500 pieces.
- Also includes an informational fact plaque.
- Features a new-for-October-2017 cockpit canopy element.
- Classic crew weapons include Han’s blaster pistol and Chewbacca’s stud-firing bowcaster.
- Episode VII/VIII crew weapons include Han’s blaster, Rey’s small silver blaster and Finn’s medium blaster rifle.
- Change out the features and crew characters to switch between classic and Episode VII/VIII versions of the Millennium Falcon!
- Open individual hull panels to access the detailed interior while retaining the overall exterior appearance.
- Slide the panel to reveal the concealed blaster cannon.
- Turn classic Leia’s and Han’s head to reveal their breathing mask decoration.
- Makes the perfect intergalactic toy or flagship display model.
- Measures over 8” (21cm) high, 33” (84cm) long and 22” (56cm) wide.”
The LEGO UCS Millennium Falcon set will be available for order on the LEGO Shop Website for VIP Members on September 14th, 2017 and for the general public on October 1st, 2017. If you’re not already a VIP, it’s totally free and instantaneous to become a member at any LEGO Store, so I’d recommend dropping by your local store and picking up a free membership card in advance of the biggest and most expensive set ever launching next month!
Now that you’ve seen the hi-res image of it and know all of the specs–as well as the confirmed price of $799.99–are you willing to drop the mega-bucks necessary to own this set, brick fans?